Reports to: Manager
Role, Purpose & Mission: Supports commercial sales and growth; develops and produces accurate estimates and quotations on a timely basis in support of marketing and sales activity.
The Company: We are an expanding enterprise and continue to grow along with our growing customer base. We are an industry leader in metal fabrication using state of the art equipment and strive to continually improve.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- The successful candidate must be able to read drawings, layout and size duct work.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in Commercial HVAC estimating.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License- REQUIRED
Tasks & Duties:
- Evaluates Requests for Quotation – Receives and reviews requests for quotation, drawings, specifications, and related documents. Performs take-offs and develops bills of material as required.
- Develops Labour Estimates – Identifies operations and inspections necessary for manufacture. Determines labour estimates for in-house manufacturing operations. Obtains input to develop and/or verify estimates.
- Requests Supplier/Subcontractor Quotations – Identifies purchase and subcontract processing requirements. Requests quotes from purchasing based on capabilities, capacities, delivery, cost, and reliability data. Reviews supplier quotations and identifies, investigates, and resolves discrepancies.
- Produces Estimates and Quotations – Compiles all necessary information. Performs necessary costing and develops cost estimates based on approved rates and factors. Generates, reviews, edits, and releases completed estimates and quotations.
- Resolves Discrepancies and Conflicts – Identifies, investigates, and resolves discrepancies with and between customers, suppliers, and company personnel as necessary to complete estimates and quotations.
- Facilitates Supplier Assessment and Selection – May identify potential new suppliers. Participates in supplier assessment as necessary or where requested.
- Services Customer Needs – Receives, investigates, and responds to customer needs for information. Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports and making recommendations to management.
- Contributes to Team Effort – Co-ordinates work activities with other departments and assists with program development when necessary to facilitate production. Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports. Recommends measures to increase sales and improve productivity and product quality.
- Amend existing drawings to communicate and incorporate Engineering Change Notices.
- Participate in design reviews.
The ability to work within a team environment as well as independently with some or all of the following skills?
- Stainless Fabricating
- Stainless TIG Welding
- Process Plant Experience
- Sanitary Welding
- Stainless Finishing
- Knowledge of Metal Fabrication Equipment including shears, brakes, rollers, an asset.
- Mechanical ability
- Aluminum Welding
- CWB certification
- Project Field Coordinator
- Valid driver’s license
Careers – (NEW OPPORTUNITIES):
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A LEADER?
Charlton & Hill Welding Ltd. is always looking for amazing individuals to join our team.
If you are an experienced:
- HEAVY DUTY MECHANIC/EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN
- ELECTRICIAN/ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN
- MATERIAL HANDLER
- PROJECT COORDINATOR
- MECHANICAL DESIGNER
- PARTS SALES PERSON
Please submit your resume to Travis Tittsworth, HR Coordinator at the email address listed below.
Thank you to all applicants, but only those considered will be contacted for interviews.
Commercial HVAC is looking for great people with sheet metal experience, either journeyman or 3rd or 4th year apprentice.
- have a positive, professional attitude and a strong work ethic
- provide quality work on a consistent basis and exceptional customer service
- be willing to work in a team environment
- be organized and have strong oral and written communication skills
- possess a valid driver’s license
Charlton & Hill Ltd. is dedicated to providing the highest quality products and services to our clientele. Our company is diversified throughout the construction industry, offering services in roofing, sheet metal, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, structural fabrication, stainless steel fabrication and equipment installation.
- Enthusiastic and Positive?
- Committed to putting the customer first?
- A motivated person with a professional attitude to do the job well, and do it right the first time?
- Wanting to succeed and grow with a community-oriented company?
If this describes you, you could be a welcome addition to our team.
With Charlton & Hill, you’ll receive:
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Bonus incentives
- Career development and ongoing training
- Company contributions to your retirement savings
- A great team of people to work with, who are committed to helping you succeed as you help us meet our goals.
Fax, email or deliver your resume providing details of your education, experience and references to Human Resources c/o Charlton & Hill 2620 – 5 Ave N, Lethbridge, AB T1H 6J6
Phone: (403) 328-3388
Fax: (403) 328-3533